Sukiyaki with Egg Drop Soup
Sukiyaki with Egg Drop Soup is an excellent one for getting the right balance of meat and veggies in your diet at a cost that does not break the family budget. This homemade sukiyaki is a great example of the healthy food recipe, adapted from Thai Hot Pot at the Thai restaurant chain called MK which it’s no need a hot plate and just simple home cooking !
In case you have a hot plate, you get more of an experience than just a meal… Everybody sits around the table conversing while ingredients are dropped into the boiling soup.
Once the sukiyaki has cooked everybody picks out all the well bits that they want while seasoning up their bowl of soup just the way they like it. Yes it’s take time before cooked and used only one middle-spoon, so it’s a wonderful communal meal and very fun to do with friends or family.
Ingredients (As you like to eat, but I focus on seafood)
- veggies : baby corn, carrot, morning glory, choy, chinese cabbage, celery, golden needle mushroom
and more as you like to eat …
- meats : chicken, pork, shrimp, squid, fish balls (emphasized that clean and fresh)
- eggs : at least 2 Large omega 3 enriched eggs (used the eggs contains the omega 3 for better healthy)
- cellophane noodle : 1 package or adjust on your favor
- sukiyaki sauce : 1 bottle ( for USA, EU try to find it at an Asian Supermarket)
- water : for soup ( 4-5 cups) and scald the meats (7-8 cups), adjust depend on serve dishes and amount of meat
- Veggies are washed thoroughly in sink 1 – 2 times and separate stalks from rest of the veggies (leaves and stalks) then cut up all veggies, peel and cut carrot and needed peel veggies into reasonably small pieces :
- Baby corn, sliced
- Carrot, sliced thinly
- Morning glory, chopped
- Choy, chopped
- Chinese cabbage, sliced thinly
- Golden needle mushroom, chopped
then arrange all sliced/chopped veggies on a tray.
- Parboil the veggies : Get a pot of salted water boiling, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of salt. While it’s heating up, fill a bowl or another pot with water and ice cubes. Once the water is boiling, place the veggies in the water for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove them and put them right into the iced bowl (this stops the cooking process) as following :
- First, veggies leaves about 1 to 2 minutes. Try to see the color will dark green if them are wilted.
- Second, veggies stalks and mushroom about 5 minutes or above. Scoop up the boiled stalks or mushroom and try to press it with a spoon if it is soft and eat easier, so all of them are ready to next step.
Scoop up and put them in cold water immediately this make them more fresh and green. This parboil method can be done with most veggies , but with potatoes and other root veggies, they won’t be cooked enough to eat ! .
Rest it on dishes and focus on meats.
- It’s important to have a variety of seafood/meats as well as a wide variety of veggies.
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Fish balls
- Squid, cut into 2 inch tubes
- Pork loin, thinly sliced
Meats should be fresh and remove all fat from pork for more healthy, cut meats into reasonably small square chunks. In the picture you can see I used air-tight box which get out from a refrigerator – leave it warm, if possible try to place in bowl and wash it 2 times. Arrange the meats on a separate tray from the veggies.
- Blanching/Boiling the meats : Get a pot of salted water boiling about 7-8 cups pour in 1 tablespoons of salt. Once the water is boiling, place the meats in the water approximately 2 to 3 mins or until they are done. Remove them and rest them cold on dishes.
- Prepare the broth : Bring the salted water from step 4), boiled it again on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
If necessary, add one extra cups of water, seasoning up with low-fat chicken broth, 2 to 3 tablespoons of fish sauce, red chili’s, garlic and limes (if you desired).
Taste the soup and season it with salt and pepper to taste as you like ! Once the water is boiling, reduce heat.
- Break the 2 eggs into a bowl.
Add the eggs in a thin stream, stirring gently so that they cook in a stream as they enter the hot water.
- Wait until the water is boiled so the eggs are done.
Taste and season it again.
Turn off heat and remove from the stove.
- Prepare your own soup bowl, as well as a small bowl to make their sauce, a pair of chopsticks and a wonton soup spoon.
Put the boiled meats, cooked cellophane noodle and parboiled veggies as you like.
(I don’t mention how to cook the cellophane noodle, so try to boiled it in the boiling water approximately 1 minutes) .
- Pour the egg drop soup in the soup bowl, then pour the sukiyaki sauce.
Try to taste your sukiyaki with egg drop soup with chili’s, garlic and limes to make your own taste sauce.
Note ! You can Be careful when adding the chili’s…they can be ridiculously hot! You should be tasting your little bowl of sauce as you are adding ingredients. I tried my sauce without the chili’s and it really does need the heat of the chili’s to open up on your palate…it makes your tongue sing!.
- The last picture, Ehmmm…so good!
There’s my little bowl of sauce at the top, and a bowl of delicious sukiyaki with egg drop soup .
Recent Sukiyaki with Egg Drop Soup Search Terms:
- - chinese morning egg (1)
- - sukiyaki soup (3)