Green Mango Salad (Yam Mamuang)
The green mango salads will blow you away with its taste bud awakening flavors as well as with the mix of textures.
A bonus point about this salad is, great healthy and is low calories and fat.
Some people also choose to make a complete meal hereby salad, by put different ingredients.
For instance cooked shrimp, cooked chicken, grilled tofu, etc.
This salad is also very interesting, as it has sweet, tangy and fresh notes, that wake your palate at the beginning of a meal or may be a bite after a spicy curry. Before we see the green mango salad recipes, I would like to give you a quick tip on how to choose the right green mangoes to make the salad.
The green mango has to be very firm or just a little indent-able, however, it should not be soft or ripe, else it is very difficult to grate the green mangoes or cut them into pieces.
- 2 cups coarsely shredded mature mango
(peeled and cut into thin slices)
- 2 tablespoons ground dried shrimps
- 3 tablespoons roasted grated coconut
- 1 finely shredded red chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced shallots
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground roasted cut dried red chili pepper
Green Mango Salad Method
- In a large bowl, put shredded mango in a mixing bowl. Add the dressing and toss lightly. Add roasted grate coconut and ground dried shrimps. Toss lightly.
- In another bowl, mix fish sauce, lime juice and sugar — Mix all ingredients together.
- Toss the dressing and the salad together, put the salad on a plate. Top with shallot and red chili pepper.
I simply love the color of this salad.
It is absolutely enticing. These are some of the basic healthy recipes to make green mango salad.
You can add other vegetables to the salad as well. Cooked shrimp also make a wonderful combination with the green mango salad. If you serve this salad to the guests, they will lick their fingers and ask for more.
Recent Thai Green Mango Salad Search Terms:
- thai green mango salad (1) -
- - calories 1 plate mango salad (1)