Pumpkins in Syrup
Today bright thai desserts name “Fak Thong Cheum” for our website fan.
Step to do is not difficult but It may take a little time in each step.
Taste of pumpkins is good for me ^-^.
Let try to do it.
Pumpkins in Syrup – Ingredient
- Pumpkin 0.2 kg
- Limestone paste 1 tsp
- Granulated sugar 2-3 cups
- Fresh pandan leaf
- a half of lemon
Pumpkins in Syrup – Cooking
1. Pumpkin, peeled and cut into pieces as needed (not thick).
Make limestone paste water by bright the water about two thirds of the basin, then take about 1 teaspoon of limestone paste.
Soak the sliced pumpkin and wait for 15 – 20 minutes.
2. Clean the soaked pumpkin with the water 2 times, then dry the pumpkin to drain.
3. Heat brass wok then add water (see image below) and put the pandan leaves about 6-8 leaves.
Boil over medium heat until boiling then reduce heat. Observed by the pandan leaves wilt and fragrance.
4. Boil on low heat, then squeeze lemon into it (used lemon juice to make the clear syrup). Then add sugar.
5. Stir the sugar until it dissolves (if not stir, the sugar will settle to the pan).
After sugar dissolves then increase to medium heat and put the pumpkins into the brass wok.
6. Boil pumpkins in syrup with medium heat until pumpkin is cooked, then slow down the heat.
(Don’t forget to scoop the syrup topped with pumpkin and flip to make the syrup into the meat of pumpkin).
Can be observed from the pumpkins, the colors are different. If cooked the color is darker and more mature because the syrup soak into the meat. This step take about 40 minutes to 1 hour.
7. Pumpkin is cooked, it is clear with a coating of syrup over the slices, dark meat because syrup inside.
Then let it cool and serve it. Sweet delicious thai-style with the pumpkins in syrup.