Last Updated on by ThaiCuisine
Chocolate Fudge Cake
Today I have a free time and want to eat about chocolate cakes so choose the one best chocolate cake recipes , the chocolate fudge cake. One look at this scrumptious layer cake makes my mouth water. Chocolate lovers will scoop this up pretty quick so ensure you grab a piece before it’s all gone.
Chocolate Fudge Cake Ingredients
- 175 g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 175 g golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 40 g ground almonds
- 175 g self-raising flour pinch of salt
- 40 g cocoa powder
Chocolate Fudge Cake Directions
- Preheat the oven to 180˚c/350˚F/; Grease two 20-cm/8-inch sandwich tins and line with baking paper.
- To make the icing, place the chocolate, muscovado sugar, butter, evaporated milk and vanilla extract in a heavy-based saucepan. Heat gently, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Pour into a bowl and leave to cool. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or until spreadable.
- For the cake, place the butter and caster sugar in a bowl and beat together until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs. Stir in the golden syrup and ground almonds. Sift fold into the mixture. Add a little water, if necessary, to make a dropping consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tins and bake in the preheated oven for 30 – 35 minutes, or until springy to the touch and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 225 g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 55 g dark muscovado sugar
- 225 g unsalted butter, diced
- 5 tbsp evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Fudge Frosting Directions
- Leaver the cakes in the tins for 5 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- When the cakes are cold, sandwich them together with half the icing.
- Spread the remaining icing over the top and sides of the cake, swirling it to give a frosted appearance.
This recipe is a great alternative to a chocolate layer cake. Chocolate fudge cake is ready for picnics, potlucks and parties, Enjoy it !