Last Updated on
Rice Crackers Served with Minced Prawn Sauce (Khao tang naa tang)
Rice Crackers Served with Minced Prawn Sauce – Ingredients
- 300 grams rice cracker or sandwich bread
- ½ cup minced pork, ½ cup minced prawn
- 1 ¾ cups coconut milk, ¼ cup ground roasted peanut
- 1 dried red spur chili, seeded and soaked in water
- 1 tbsp finely sliced garlic, 1 tsp finely sliced coriander root
- 1 tbsp finely sliced shallot, 1 chopped coriander plant
- ¼ tsp pepper, 2 tbsp sugar
- 1-2 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 cups cooking oil, for deep – frying
Rice Crackers Served with Minced Prawn Sauce – Directions
- Preheat the oil over medium heat.
- Fry the rice crackers a few pieces at a time. Turn to brown on both sides, remove and drain.
- Pound the garlic, coriander root, dried chili and pepper finely.
- Bring the coconut milk to the boil over medium heat. When a film of oil surfaces, add the coriander paste and sauté until fragrant. Add minced prawns and pork, stir to combine and cooked through.
- Season to taste with sugar and fish sauce, stir well.
- When the mixture returns to the boil, stir in peanut and shallots. Remove from the heat, sprinkle fresh coriander over the top.
- Serve with fried rice crackers or toast.
Rice Crackers Served with Minced Prawn Sauce