Khao Tom Mat sometime call Glutinous Rice with Bananas / Sticky Rice with Bananas / Thai Bananas in Sticky Rice . It does not matter what it name, let’s go to cook … This is basically sticky rice, bananas and black beans wrapped in banana leaves then steamed though it could also be grilled.
Khao Tom Mat Ingredients
- 1 kilogram glutinous rice
- 10 ripe naam waa bananas
- 1 cup cooked black bean
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tbsp salt
- 60 g sugar
- banana leaves, bamboo strips
Khao Tom Mat Directions
- 1. Soak the glutinous rice overnight. Wash and drain before using.
- 2. Dissolve sugar and salt in the coconut milk, strain and put into a pot. Add rice, stir constantly over low heat until dry. Turn off the heat.
- 3. Peel bananas, cut each into half lengthwise.
- 4. Tear the banana leaf into pieces about 7 – 8” wide. Lay in pairs so that the midrib side of one is opposite that of the other. Spread some rice in the center, place a slice of banana on the rice, cover with more rice, press several black beans into the rice, then wrap the leaf closely.
- 5. Tie the packet with bamboo strip, and steam over boiling water on high heat for 40 -45 minutes until the rice in cooked through. Remove from the steamer.
Tip : If the rice has not been soaked, wrap and tie the packet securely and boil in hot boiling water for 1 hour.
Recent Khao Tom Mat ( Glutinous Rice with Bananas) Search Terms:
- - banana thai dessert rice (1)
- - khao tom mat recipe (1)
- - Thai banana rice dessert (1)
- - thai sticky rice wrap with banana recipes (1)
- - thai sticky rice with banana and beans (1)