Last Updated on by ThaiCuisine
Pad Thai; Thai food is easily the most famous food on the earth because the Thailand is known for its beautiful locations similarly it is known for its food. In Thai food the elements used allow it to be more tasty and yummy. The primary elements utilized in Thai cooking are : garlic clove , chillies , lime juice , lemon grass , fresh coriander , seafood sauce (nam pla) , shrimp paste (kapi) and rice. Rice is primary good of Thailand and it is eaten with nearly every meal.
Thai cuisine is different from place to place and also the different areas could be based on certain taste criteria:
- North – mild/hot, salty/sour, but never sweet
- Central – hot, salty, sweet, sour
- Northeast – hot, salty, sour (preparing salads popular)
- South – hot, salty, sour (curries popular).
If you wish to prepare Thai food in your own home you’ll be able to tries some quality recipes which are authentic Thai quality recipes like Thai green curry, Thai red curry, Pad Thai recipe. The elements utilized in it are often available and also the whole recipe is cooked in couple of minutes.
Pad Thai Ingredients:
- 8 oz (250 g) rice noodles (sen lek)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 garlic cloves (kratiem), minced
- 1/4 cup dried shrimp/prawns
- 1/4 cup (2 fl oz/60 ml) fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1/4 cup (2 oz/60 g) sugar
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice (ma-kaam piag)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 cup fried tofu
- 2 tablespoons dried unsalted turnip, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup 1-in (2.5-cm) lengths chopped chives
- 1/4 cup (2 oz/60 g) ground roasted peanuts
- 1 cup bean sprouts
Pad Thai Garnish:
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 small banana blossom, cut into strips
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges
How to cook Pad Thai:
- Soak the rice noodles in cold water for 30 minutes, or until soft. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet until hot, then add the oil. Add the garlic and dried shrimp, and stir-fry. Add the noodles and stir-fry until translucent. It may be necessary to reduce the heat if the mixture is cooking too quickly and the noodles stick.
- Add the fish sauce, sugar, tamarind juice and paprika. Stir-fry the mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir in the tofu, turnip and egg.
- Turn the heat to high and cook until the egg sets, stirring gently. Thoroughly combine the mixture, and continue cooking over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes until most of the liquid is reduced.
- Mix in the chives, peanuts and bean sprouts. Place on a serving dish, arrange the bean sprouts, chives, banana blossom and lime attractively and serve.
Pad Thai recipe is among the most authentic thai dishes you’ll find everywhere today. It is top-picked famous thai street food menu in Thailand. Essentially these dishes are manufactured from fried noodles. You will find different types in Pad Thai quality recipes that mainly uses chicken, beef, or sea food. If you’re vegetarian you might even look for a tofu recipe available for “Pad Thai”.