Seafood Salad (Yam Talay)
As opposed to having the same old kind of salad all of time, choose new but healthy salad choices you can incorporate into your menu each week. You can turn a regular salad into something sensational by adding seafood, or you can make a whole new type of salad with a good seafood salad recipe. If you wish to eat better, remember that a salad you make is often healthier than the ones you can receive the deli or off of a shelf.
Seafood salads can be made of all sorts of ingredients. Crab, lobster, fish and shrimp are all popular ingredients. Even tough and rubbery conch can be tamed using citrus juice to create a fabulous seafood salad.
Seafood Salad Ingredients
- 150g crab meat
- 150g squid – cut into pieces
- 50g mussels (meat only)
- 50g fish fillet – blanched bite-sized pieces fish
- 100g shrimp (prawns) – wash, peel and devein
Seafood Salad – Yam Dressing
- 4 Tbsp fish sauce
- 5 Tbsp lime juice
- 20 small fresh green and red chilies, finely chopped
- 3 stalks of fresh lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1/2 cup Chinese celery – roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, thinly slice 1 inch
- 1 tsp melted palm sugar
Seafood Salad Preparation
- Put some water into pan and bring to a boil. Cook crab meat, squid, mussels, fish and prawns separately.
- Once cooked, mix the seafood together and set aside.
- Put fish sauce, lime juice, chilies and melted palm sugar into a bowl and mix together.
- Add seafood to the sauce mixture. Stir well so that the seafood is well covered with the sauce.
- Then add together lemongrass, onion, tomato, chinese celery and spring onions.
- Mix together and serve immediately.
There are more dramatic kind of seafood salad recipe that you can try. You don’t need to stick with just one kind of seafood. You can use lump crab meat coupled with your shrimp and scallops if you wish. You can add salmon or even tuna to a salad to add a zip to your day to day salad intake. If you want to use crab, you can use crab from a can with pretty decent success, but if you can afford it, desired way to get good crab is to buy the king crab legs, steam, and remove the meat in chunks. You can’t beat the taste of this crab meat.
Noted about Tuna Salad, the next salad to cook !
Tuna salad may be easily prepared. Perhaps that’s why it’s become standard across the U.S. both in lunchboxes and poolside at country clubs. People are uncommonly particular about the ingredients of their tuna salad. Some prefer mayonnaise, some oil. Onions, celery and relish are other common additions. Tuna salad is versatile and can be used on a sandwich like a tuna melt or served as a true salad over mixed greens or iceburg lettuce.
Recent Seafood Salad (Yam Talay) Search Terms:
- - how to make thai seafood salad (1)